How has Common Core Mathematics Instruction changed the classroom?
- Students continually ask themselves, "Does this make sense?"
- Students attend to the meaning of quantities, no just how to compute the them.
- Students listen to the arguments of others, and ask useful questions to determine if an argument makes sense.
- Students apply the mathematics they know to solve everyday problems.
- Students use technological tools to deepen their understanding of mathematics.
- Students communicate precisely with others and try to use clear mathematical language when discussing their reasoning.
- Students apply general mathematical patterns, rules or procedures to specific situations.
- Students see the overall process of the problem and still attend to details in the problem-solving steps.