- Be at least 14 years of age through 20 years of age
- Have at least a 2.0 grade point average
- Have no record of serious arrests or convictions
- Complete an Explorer Application
- Obtain a medical examination
- Register with Learning for Life
- Maintain good moral character
- Demonstrate a willingness to serve and participate in explorer activities
The Montebello Unified School District Police Explorer Program was established in 2009. It operates as a "Learning for Life" program out of the District's Police Department. The purpose of the Explorer program is to provide special training to the youth that are preparing themselves for a career in law enforcement or public service.
These are the following goals for the Explorer Program:
- To recruit qualified young men and women and prepare them for future careers in law enforcement or public service.
- To assist them in becoming better citizens in their community, while developing a positive relationship between the police and the youth.
- Preparing the young people physically for a challenging career.
- To provide a forum, in which young people can provide non-hazardous community service.
The Explorer Program has a stringent selection process and only takes the most qualified applicants. Once selected, a Explorer Recruit is expected to maintain these high standards.
Explorer Recruits must meet the following requirements:
FOR MORE INFORMATION...
To sign up, contact:
CPL Tony Nevarez
(323) 887-7900 | Extension 6898