Skip to main content

Industry Sectors and Pathways

CTE/ROP Courses are divided into state-approved industry sectors. In each sector students can learn about a variety of careers.

What are Industry Sectors?

The state of California has identified 15 Industry Sectors. Each sector contains multiple career pathways in which to develop Programs of Study. It is up to individual school districts and the region’s corresponding colleges and businesses to conduct research into the needs of the industry and determine which sectors and careers can best serve the students, industry and community

More information About Industry Sectors 


Industry Sectors for Montebello Unified cte/ROP courses

  • Arts, Media and Entertainment
  • Building Trades and Construction
  • Education, Child Development, and Family Services
  • Energy and Utilities
  • Finance and Business
  • Health Science and Medical Technology
  • Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation
  • Information Technology
  • Marketing, Sales and Service
  • Public Services
  • Transportation

To find ROP classes that support industry sectors, please see class schedule for Montebello CTE/ROP or follow this link.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why take Career technical education (cte)/ROP?

CTE/ROP prepares students to obtain entry-level jobs while helping you secure the experience needed as you explore multiple career options. With CTE/ROP you can update your existing skills or train in a new field. CTE/ROP can help you be better prepared for advanced post-secondary training.

Why should I take cte/ROP if I'm going to college?

Whether a student plans to go to a university, college, or directly into the workforce, effective job skills and experience is an asset.

What is the cost?

No cost to high school students.

Where are cte/ROP classes located?

Classes meet at local high schools within the Montebello Unified School District, and students may train at local business or nearby community sites.

Can you earn high school credits in an cte/ROP class?

Yes, upon successful completion of an CTE/ROP course, credits and grades may be issued and applied toward high school graduation.